SPICE ISLAND SOJOURN CRUISE
9 Days / 8 Nights
US$ 500 per person per day based on 6 guests
- DURATION: 9 Days / 8 Nights
- EMBARK: Fakfak Airport (FKQ) Papua Island, Indonesia
- DISEMBARK: Fakfak Airport (FKQ) Papua Island, Indonesia
- RATE PER PAX/DAY: US$ 500 per person based on 6 guests
- TOTAL PRICE/CHARTER: US$ 30,000 for 1-6 guests maximum
Please know that our itineraries may be subject to change; extended, shortened, or re-arranged to suit your private yacht charter preference, the weather conditions, captain's advice and times of year. Where possible, we are happy to plan and accommodate your interests, activities and wishes, to ensure your charter experience will be a memorable one.
- Variety of snacks, Sliced & Whole tropical fruits, Soft Drinks, Water, Juice tea & coffee
- All Meals that are served on board
- Sea - Kayaks
- Snorkel Equipment
- Dive Equipment - dive tanks, weights, BCD’s, etc provided
- Stand Up Paddle Board
- Fishing Equipment including all lures, rigs, etc
- Wakeboard, water skis and Ropes
- Large Inflatable Sea Mattress/Air Raft
- WIFI (where signal is available)
- Cruising Permits for all passengers
- Boat Fuel & Certified Skipper and Crew
- Vessel to Shore Tenders
- Life Jackets
- Vessel and third party liability Insurance
- Airport Pick Up and Return transfers
- International flights to Indonesia
- Domestic flights to destinations offered in itineraries
- Visa fees and airport taxes
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal Laundry (facilities available for guest use)
- Any Land Activities or On-shore excursions/programs
- On Shore Meals or Additional food, beverage, snacks purchases not included in the charter inclusions
Day 1 – Fakfak
Upon arriving in Fakfak you will take a short car ride to the harbuor to embark MV Haruku. Once on board your faraway journey begins with our first anchorage at the foot of the Fakfak Mountains. Your first evening in paradise will be spent under clear skies a blanket of stars.
Day 2 – Pisang Island
Spend a day at the secluded beach on the purest of white sands to relax and unwind after your flight and enjoy the serenity of the beauty that surrounds you.
Day 3 – Manakowa Island
Enjoy a walk through the nutmeg grove and a visit to the King of Manakowa before we move to the eastern tip of the island where you can swim in lakes that connect to the ocean via a small tunnel grotto – a truly exciting and memorable experience as the snorkelling here is spectacular.
Day 4 – Pulau Panjang
We linger here for the day as this area is incredible. Boasting one of the most flora diverse underwater areas on the planet. It is one of the most desired destinations for snorkelling an scuba diving in the world.
Day 5-6 – Banda Islands
Over these two days we explore the ancient capital of nutmeg and mace. The tiny islands inspired seafarers like Magellan and Colmbus to set sail into unchartered waters for the sake of glory and incredible wealth. The past is still present to this day in a place where time appears to have stood still, just as the cannons used to protect the island still stand aimed at the bays entrance. Many of the historical buildings are still in use whilst others lay in ruins or are being heritage restored. We visit one of the oldest nutmeg plantations, exploring the world of this ‘ancient gold’ which is guarded by the Api Volcano. The volcano offers a location of the most spectacular views over the 9 Banda Islets and if you wish, you may climb the summit in the early morning to witness a sunrise that will be etched in your memory for a lifetime.
Day 7 – Pulau Ai and Pulau Run
Making our way out of the Sennegat in between Banda and Mount Api we slow down to indulge in these two picture perfect islands, the first of which used to be the stronghold of early colonialists to grow spices. Back in the 1600’s Run had a significant role in the spice trade. Initially, the English built a fort and claimed the island, but were under continual attack from the Dutch who eventually managed to destroy all the nutmeg trees in 1621. Without the valuable nutmeg trees, the English were essentially left with an economically worthless piece of land. Britain eventually agreed to ‘swap’ the land: it gave Pulau Run to Holland in exchange for an equally worthless (at the time) small North American island. That was Manhattan Island, in New York. It’s fair to say that the English got a good deal in the end! After enjoying some of this intriguing and momentous history we sail on our voyage towards Saparua.
Day 8 - Saparua
Without a doubt another not to be missed spot on our voyage. With its friendly population pretty villages, plentiful historical relics, beautiful beaches and fine coral reefs it is a wonder to discover and explore. Rare birds and butterflies from the nearby forest of Seram and huge schools of dolphins and whales are often spotted here. We anchor in the small bay of Papera and visit a local village or enjoy watching the forked tailed aquatic mammal, Dugongs, feasting on their evening meal of seaweed.
Day 9 - Ambon
In the still of the early morning whilst you slumber, we cruise to our departing destination of Ambon for breakfast on board. If time permits before your outgoing flight, we visit the local museum and enjoy the city and its offerings before return transfers to the airport.